Lucky Grammar

I’m in the middle of laminating my Valentine’s Day activities, but in my down time  (wait, what’s that again) I have made the second of my St. Patrick’s Day activities! I asked you what you needed added on Facebook. I heard you and added 3rd person singular activities! What else is new HOMEWORK SHEETS! Or use them as recording sheets during the activities!

• No doubt,  that even though I have these packets done right now, I’ll be furiously laminating them on February 28 trying to get them ready for the beginning of March.  Lucky Grammar . The packet includes 7 different small group activities. Perfect for speech therapy or literacy groups, with a St. Patrick’s Day theme!  Gold Coins: Pronouns (60 cards) Fill in the blanks with the correct pronoun. Collect gold coins on your pot of gold!
  • Over the Rainbow: Irregular Verb Cards (20 cards) Each card contains a sentence. Students must choose the correct answer to fill in the blank. They may keep their card on the box of chocolates if they answer correctly.
  •  Sweet: Irregular Plurals (24 cards) Students read each card. Find the cupcakes that match. Develop a sentence for each.
  • March Monsters: IS/ARE(18 cards) Students read the sentences and fill in the blanks with is/are. Sort the St. Patrick’s Day Monsters.
  • Hoot Hoot: HAVE/HAS Cards (18 cards) Students read the sentence on the card and fill in the blank with HAVE or HAS. Then sort the owls onto the right tree.
  • Irish Style: WAS/WERE cards (18 cards) Students draw a card. Read the sentence and fill in the blank with the correct past tense form of ‘to be.’ Sort the card onto the flag.
  • Lucky Lou: 3rd Person Singular: (18 Cards) Students help Lou figure out how to finish each sentence!  Based on your feedback from other activities, I’ve also included 13 pages of homework activities.   These extension activities cover each grammar target covered.  Grab this download on my TPT Store! Leave a comment and I’ll pick one random person to win a copy!

Oh Jenna…I have so many 2nd graders that I could use this with! Thnanks so much for making it! I love the variety of activities that you have included.

thinking about March activities makes me happy because when I use this activity (if I win!), there will only be 3 more months of school left :)

Gabriella Shakhnes says

I can totally use some of this packet with my middle school students. I am so excited to see the third person plural, I have some kiddos who have issues with that. It’s been hard to find activities for that. They LOVE playing these type of games :)

Tiffanie Allred says

I have a whole bunch of kiddos working on grammar right now! These materials would be perfect – and fun! Thanks for sharing your talent and time! Always love your stuff!

Jen Matheson says

Such an awesome activity. I can build it into writing lessons and using our imagination about leprachauns. I have a ton of kids on my caseload that are only motivated by new activites. Honestly, after two sessions with materials they are done.

I love it when your activities include the multiple choices on the cards. My kids often need that part Thanks again

This is a great activity! I have students who just don’t get grammar and instead of doing boring worksheets, this offers a fun way to work on their grammar goals! Thanks for another great packet!

Love these! St. Patrick’s Day is my favorite holiday so I’m so excited to already see your packets. :)

Just a helpful tip in case you haven’t heard it already, the monster in the preview who is in the second row all the way to the right needs to be fixed (you have the “is” in there).

Frannie V (frannievslp at gmail, just in case!)

I love the holiday themed activities. My kiddos get really bored if I just try to pull out worksheets (not to mention I find them boring too). I love playing the games with them and they like playing (and don’t realize that they are actually learning at the same time).

Love it! I plan on doing the idea you posted last year about the gold coins in the pots to display again. The kids loved it! These would be a great addition. So many cute ideas that revolve around St. Patrick’s day. Adding to my wishlist.

I wish I was as organized as you are!! I need to get on my Valentine’s activities so I can start working on these awesome activities! My kiddos love to work on things that go with the season/holiday! :)

I wish that I was as creative as you are! I love your things and would love to use this with my kids!

Jennifer B says

I visit your blog at least 5 times a week. Thank you for your ideas and inspiration!

I love how this grammar packet is differentiated for the ranging skills on my caseload! From multiple choice questions to creating their own sentences. Thanks for all your materials :)

Where do you get your graphics? Always looking for kid friedly visuals to use within therapy.

Jenna, I also have a TON of grammar kids on my caseload…Your activities directly match up with a lot of their IEP goals. I would love to win a free packet!!!