You know she’s your SLP Bestie if you’ve ever had these conversations with her.
- Via text: “Are you watching the Grammy’s. STOP WITH THE GLOTTAL FRY!!!!”
- “Remember that time we thickened our wine? That was terrible. If I ever have a stroke, do not let them give me an MBS.”
- At Chipotle. “Are you getting guacamole?” “Maybe in 30 years when I pay off my student loans.”
- Using sign language across the bar. Just picture it: essential words //help, more, bathroom//
- “That kid could grow up to be the President. And you just fixed his /r/. You’re an American Hero!”
- “There should be hazard pay for working with middle school boys in the months of April-June. We just did a life skills lesson on personal care and deodorant. I’m going to repeat the lesson until my office returns to a normal smell.”
- “I finally picked names. The kittens are officially Jitter and Shimmer.”
- “Jack aspirated twice at dinner last night. He got all huffy when I did a bedside swallow eval on him when we got home.”
- “Because tomorrow is Saturday, we can stay up late tonight.” Only another SLP understands stimulus probes sent as texts.
- “I got peed on today.” “A kid puked in my office.” “Still better than last week!”
No one in life understands like your SLP Bestie!
Join the SRN newsletter!
I'm so glad you stopped by! If you'd like to keep up with the newest posts and get exclusive free downloads, please sign up for the newsletter! Your first freebie is ready as soon as you subscribe and confirm your email!