I love simple ideas that are genius. Today’s post is a Throat Scope Review and it’s one of those simple genius ideas. You know, the kind that make you say, “Why didn’t I think of that?” A company from Australia, Throat Scope, reached out to me a few weeks ago and I was instantly interested in their product. Throat Scope is an illuminated tongue depressor. Wait, seriously, why didn’t I think of that?!
They sent me a Throat Scope and set of blades to test out and I am so impressed with this product. The simplified review? It works, reduces the materials I need, and engages kids. It’s a win.
Throat Scope was started by a company in Australia. It was actually featured on Shark Tank Australia. It will be sold in the US soon.
- The unit has a base with a light that shoots into a clear disposable blade.
- The unit costs about $20 and 50 replaceable blades are about $15.
- The battery life is 20 hours
- The blades slip off with just a simple release.
- It looks like a lightsaber and kids (and adults?) LOVE that.
- It provides a view of the soft palate and uvula.
- No more holding a pen light and tongue depressor while trying to position the clients body/face.
My brother was in town and I forced him to let me inspect his oral cavity using the throat scope. I was surprised at the amount of light the Throat Scope puts out. It definitely works!
The disposable blades make it perfect for healthcare.
If you want more details about the Throat Scope visit their website. You can also sign up for the newsletter to get information about when they launch in the US.
This product was provided for review, no other compensation was provided and these opinion belong to me!
Join the SRN newsletter!
I'm so glad you stopped by! If you'd like to keep up with the newest posts and get exclusive free downloads, please sign up for the newsletter! Your first freebie is ready as soon as you subscribe and confirm your email!