ASHA certified speech-language pathologists must carry current license by completed continuing education. Like many state-level certifications, ASHA now requires SLPs to complete an ethics course during each interval.
“All certificate holders must complete a minimum of 1 hour of professional development in the area of ethics (1 CMH or 0.1 ASHA CEUs) each interval, beginning with certificate holders in the 2020–2022 certification maintenance interval.” Read more about the ethics requirement change here.
I wanted to share some inexpensive and free CE options that I’ve found online. I’m sharing both free and relatively inexpensive courses (under $50). If you have found others, please share them in the comments and I will update my list!
Free Ethics CEUS
- Rose from ABA Speech and Super Duper have a free ethics CEU available on the Super Duper website. This program is offered for 0.2 ASHA CEUs Intermediate level; Related area. The Ethical Code: An Overview With a Focus On Navigating Social Media and Collaborative Services
- Lingraphica offers a free ASHA approved CEU called Ethical Considerations for Bilingual AAC Patients with Aphasia.
- Try a free course from SpeechPathology.com
- Bilinguistics offers a free CEU called Navigating Ethical Predicaments In Your Work with Diverse Students
Ethics Courses under $50
- Northern Speech Services: Ethics I: Evidence And Clinical Decision Making ($24)
Online CEUs.comThis is no longer offered for free.
- PDR: Ethics for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology ($29 for 2 hours) By: Laura More, MSW, LCSW; Edie Deane, MS-CCC; Lisa Fuellemann, MS, CCC-SLP
Need more CEUs? Check out this list of free ones!
Join the SRN newsletter!
I'm so glad you stopped by! If you'd like to keep up with the newest posts and get exclusive free downloads, please sign up for the newsletter! Your first freebie is ready as soon as you subscribe and confirm your email!