Continuing education is a requirement for Speech-Language Pathologists but it doesn’t have to break the bank. If you’re still paying back student loans from your degree, finding free CEUs is amazing. I’ve compiled a list of resources for finding free CEUs. I hope it saves you time and money!
**Updated November 2019
- The Leaders Project. Teachers College of Columbia University. Law and Evidence-based Approaches for Disability Evaluation and ReSources (LEADERS) provides a variety of CEU courses related to SLPs. The LEADERS site features a media library with video modules for practitioners and educators with a particular focus on appropriate disability evaluations, cleft palate and craniofacial issues, and treatment approaches from Dr. Crowley’s international work
- Video Continuing Education VCE offers one free ASHA approved CEU from their library of over 200 courses.
- Presence Learning: Presence Learning offers several different webinars including current topics of Inclusion and Behavior.
- Super Duper: Super Duper offers a free course focusing on Ethics and one on Literacy at the moment! Courses change so check back!
- Mayer-Johnson: MJ offers several free webinars about their products that demonstrate skills for using Boardmaker.
- AAC Institute: The Self-Study Program (SSP) offers the opportunity to learn about various aspects of AAC that support the goal of the most effective communication possible for the individual. The courses allow individuals to work at their own pace.The first four courses are free.
- Passy Muir: The live webinars have been recorded and are now available as self-study courses to be taken at your convenience. These courses are designed to increase clinical knowledge of the Passy-Muir® Valve in the areas of assessment and placement, dysphagia and improving swallow, pediatric issues, ventilator application, and team building.
- Dynavox: Online webinars for core vocabulary, devices, and more.
- Northern Speech Services: NSS offers paid CEUs. To get the courses for free, sign up to complete a peer review.
- Pearson: Pearson offers some free webinars. There are several coming up in March. Sign up on the website.
- AbleNet: AbleNet offers webinars for a ton of assistive technology devices. Lots of good information here about the integration of iPhones and Chrome books into school work too.
- Lingraphica: Several free CEU courses for aphasia and AAC.
- Bilinguistics: Several free and also paid CEUs. Most of their CEUs are very affordable.
Free Ethics CEUs on your must-have list? Check out my list of Free and Cheap Ethics courses by clicking here.
If you’re looking for informal continuing education, in the form of blog reading, check out my SLPs websites list.
Do you have any more resources for free CEUs? Leave a link in the comments and I’ll add several more.
Join the SRN newsletter!
I'm so glad you stopped by! If you'd like to keep up with the newest posts and get exclusive free downloads, please sign up for the newsletter! Your first freebie is ready as soon as you subscribe and confirm your email!